MARKED DOWN - E-LEARNING
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Mentoring helps cultivate leaders, retain staff, and diversify the
workforce. By strengthening the workforce, mentorship
improves the quality of patient care and outcomes.
The Short Course in Nurse Mentorship can foster the leadership
skills that is needed to secure larger roles in developing,
designing and delivering of health care by nurses. The course
also addresses the mentoring relationships inside healthcare
organisations that can help organisations retain staff and
reducing the cost of turnover.
The course enables nurse leaders to implement successful
mentoring behaviour, resulting in adequate, successful
supervision in all areas.
WHO SHOULD ENROL
Professional doctors and nurses.
This is an eLearning course consisting of self-study and
assessment. Participants have 3 months from date of
registration for the completion of this course.
After completion of this course you will be able to:
• Describe the benefits of mentorship and how it differs from supervision.
• Explain the stages of mentorship.
• Identify the roles and responsibilities of mentors and mentees.
• Discuss the implementation of a successful mentorship program.
• Describe the importance of relationship building, communication and conflict management in mentoring.
• List the mentoring skills required to ensure effective mentoring.
• Explain the different mentoring strategies.
• Describe the teaching, learning and assessment approaches in practice setting, as well as the importance of bedside teaching.
• Describe how clinical mentorship and assessment is implemented.
• Explain the importance of verbal and nonverbal communication.
• Explain how you will provide objective feedback to a mentee.
• Discuss the ethics of mentorship and professional accountability.
• Apply learning style flexibility in your mentorship practice.
• Reflect critically on your own mentorship practice.
• Develop a bespoke mentorship program for a mentee.
• Discuss ways to measure your mentorship practice.
• Prepare a portfolio of evidence.
Participants are assessed through means of a multiple-choice questionnaire.
FPD will award successful participants with a certificate on
completion of this course should they successfully complete
the assessment process.
R999 (Inclusive of all VAT and taxes where applicable).
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
Tel: 087 821 1109 / Fax: 086 550 3692
FPD is a member of the SAMA Group
173 Mary Rd, The Willows
P.O. Box 75324, Lynnwood Ridge, 0040